Friday, September 25, 2009

I accomplished one of my plans today! I was able to come up with sixteen questions for The Cloud Book, although we only need five effective questions. I will have my partner Jessenya look them over and also come up with her set of questions, and then mutually we can pick the top five questions amongst the the two sets. In this session, I was also able to search through some lesson plans online, but it was not enough. I will still need some more research and work on it before I can actually begin to set up the lesson plan I will teach in class. But I was unable to log into podamatic because I did not know the username and password, since my partner and I decided to record on her account. I should have written that information down! Anyhow, here are the questions I came up with:

1. What do you know about clouds?

2. After having read the story, explain what are clouds?

3. How many main kinds of clouds are there? Briefly describe each one.

4. Describe fog.

5. Name a group of people who looked at the clouds and saw things.

6. Which clouds are the highest clouds in the sky?

7. Which clouds are sometimes called “bed-sheets clouds,” and why?

8. What clouds would you see in the winter?

9. “In the olden days, people looked at the clouds and saw things” (20). Describe a time when you looked up at the sky and looked at the clouds and saw something. Make an illustration - of your experience/ to go with your description.

10. List all the examples of things people saw when they looked at the clouds.

11. What is “she has her head in the clouds,” an example of?

12. Take a look at the sayings about clouds that help tell about the weather. Now, create your own saying or pick your favorite saying and explain why.

13. Compare and contrast Cirrocumulus and Altocumulus clouds.

14. What is fog?

15. Name the characteristics of cirrostratus.

16. What is one new learned fact that you found the most interesting after reading the story?

1 comment: